Discover how to achieve effective leadership through performance management training.
This science-backed workshop explores the nuts-and-bolts of performance management with a focus on defining, planning and supervising goals that hit the sweet spot of challenging and doable (eustress). Participants will also learn frameworks for conducting effective performance reviews. Together with our other courses on managing teams such as Coaching for Managers and Giving and Receiving Feedback, this class rounds out a holistic approach to managing teams for performance and development.
What We’ll Explore:
- Identify the performance management cycle, and the part employees, managers, and organizations play in that cycle.
- Discover how to set direction and write effective goals
- Develop skills in managing goal execution
- Learn how to write performance reviews and facilitate performance review conversations
- 5 goals of effective performance management
- Exploring the performance management cycle
- Three steps for setting direction
- Writing goals that are clear, fair and relevant
- Managing execution and resisting micromanaging
- Writing effective performance reviews
- Three components of performance review conversations